Wednesday, February 24, 2010

For My Friend JN (6 of 52)

Today, I'm sharing a little treat created for the birthday girl - my dear friend Jeannette. I don't get to see her every day, the way I used to, so I wanted to do something extra special.
I've been seeing the emboss resist technique everywhere lately and I wanted to give it a try, but I just couldn't find a stamp that worked well enough for me... until I happened across an old CTMH stamp of the month - You've Got Flair. It had a lovely medallion image that I felt would achieve the look I was going for, and it did. I embossed, and got to work with about 4 different inks. First, I went from light to dark to create a sort of gradient effect. Then I went back around the edges with the darkest colour until I had just the look I envisioned. I adhered it to a lovely piece of Basic Grey patterned paper, placed it on the card, and finished up with a sentiment from the January 2010 Stamp of the Month, a few puffy little heart stickers, and the best bow I've created yet. (A big thank you to the YouTube ribbon tying lessons from Kristina Werner and Dawn McVey)

And here are my ingredients:
Cardstock - PTI Kraft, Georgia Pacific White; Paper - BG Eva; Stamps - CTMH You've Got Flair, True Friends; Ink - Versamark, CTMH Barn Red, Blush, Chocolate, Hollyhock, Vineyard Berry; Stickers - K&Co Puffy Hearts; Embossing Powder - Ranger Super Fine Detail Clear; Ribbon - PTI Fresh Snow; WRMK Corner Chomper

No comments:

Spellbinders Feb 2019 Card Kit Part Two

Today I'm sharing the second half of my 10 cards 1 kit using the Spellbinders card kit - Golden Swan. I had lots of fun with this kit ...