Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Christmas in July

A fellow A Muse Studio consultant, Melinda, has issued herself a challenge to create 100 cards in 100 days. I've been following the posts on her blog and she has inspired me to try to create as many cards as I can come up with each week for each of the a|s stamp sets I currently own. Tall order, I know. So I decided to start with my newest set (which I just received) Cool Yule, hence today's title. Here's my first creation:

For this card I used one tree from the set and stamped it randomly all over a piece of a|s kraft using french roast ink, then rounded to top corners and sponged the edges. I die cut a bubble tag from the Classic Tags set, trimmed down the sides and cut the bottom with some pinking shears, stamped my sentiment, and sponged the edges with some lime ink.

I added two lines of tape, heat embossed some a|s Simple Stick, and added some lime glitter. Then I wrapped some lime satin ribbon around the kraft panel and tied a knot. My die cut tag was added with some glue dots. The entire panel was then added to a kraft card base with some foam dots.

I'm a real fan of this combo and I may be trying this again with all the other shades of glitter I've got. Love that shiny, shimmery stuff.

There's still time to enter the Christmas in July challenge over at the A Muse Studio Challenge blog.

Stay tuned to see my next happy holiday creation...

Hugs and kisses.
TraceyJean  

Supplies used (all A Muse Studio):
Stamps: Cool Yule
Cardstock: Kraft, Sugar
Ink:  French Roast, Lime
Other: Lime Satin Ribbon, Classic Tags die set, Simple Stick, Lime Glitter, 3d Foam Adhesive, Glue Dots

No comments:

Spellbinders Feb 2019 Card Kit Part Two

Today I'm sharing the second half of my 10 cards 1 kit using the Spellbinders card kit - Golden Swan. I had lots of fun with this kit ...