Monday, July 23, 2012

Triple the Fun!

The challenge over at the A Muse Studio Challenge blog this week is to create your project using three different embellishments: ribbons, flowers, and buttons. Since I'm still trying to complete my own person challenge of making at least 5 new cards with my Cool Yule stamp set, I decided to combine both challenges. Here's the result:


I started out by adding some A Muse Studio holiday washi tape to a piece of wasabi cardstock and cutting the finished piece to form "hills". Next, I took some flowers from the a|s Meadow Mix pack, cut them in half, and adhered them to my washi patterned paper hills to mimic snow. I stamped and fussy cut a bunch of trees in wasabi, fern, and sage, and added them to the hills at different levels to fill in my "forest".

I cut a panel of a|s winter sky woodgrain paper, used a glue pen to add some random spots, and then sprinkled on some a|s diamond glitter. One hill was added directly to the winter sky woodgrain and the second was popped up on some foam tape, then added to a panel of rialto cardstock which was in turn adhered to a vanilla card base.

I'm not much of a button girl and have no a|s buttons in my stash yet, so I had to improvise. Luckily I remembered I had some shrink plastic I had bought to do a project with my niece on her next visit. The shrink plastic was cut out with the third largest Spellbinders Small Circles die, punched with the largest hole on the Crop-A-Dile, stamped with the Woodgrain background in wasabi ink on the front and covered with wheat ink in the back, then blasted with my heat tool until I got a "button". I stamped and trimmed out the sentiment on vanilla cardstock, then added my button and a ribbon loop and attached them directly to the card.

I've got a few more ideas for this Cool Yule stamp set, so stick around - 3 more to go...

Hugs and Kisses,
TraceyJ


Supplies Used (all A Muse Studio)
Stamps: Cool Yule, Woodgrain Background
Paper: Rialto, Vanilla, Wasabi, Winter Sky Woodgrain
Ink: Fern, Latte, Sage, Wasabi
Other: Meadow Mix, Holiday Washi, Wasabi Ribbon, Diamond Glitter, Shrink Plastic (Office Depot)

3 comments:

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I LOVE what you have done with this challenge!! Your use of flowers is so creative. I love the washi tape ground too. You get an A+ AND a gold star!

Words and Pictures said...

Love the non-traditional colours of this, and great layered forest! Still a little scared of people who are organised enough to be making Christmas cards now, though!!
Alison x

AmethystCat said...

you made an AMAZING CARD! so much cutting but it's stunning!

Spellbinders Feb 2019 Card Kit Part Two

Today I'm sharing the second half of my 10 cards 1 kit using the Spellbinders card kit - Golden Swan. I had lots of fun with this kit ...