Monday, April 22, 2013

Colour Inspiration

I'm happy to be hosting on the challenge blog this week. Not too happy about how gray and drippy and dreary it is here with all the rain. Isn't it almost summer? I thought it might be fun to play with some bright colours to cheer me up, so this is what I did:

I chose to use buttercup, melon, apple, watermelon, and pebble. Since the colours were so bright and cheerful, I chose the flowers from Mod Backgrounds 1 (on sale in April). I randomly inked and stamped a panel of sugar cardstock, edged it with my slate Tombow marker and added it to a pebble card base. A sentiment from Contemporary Greetings was added to some more pebble cardstock and adhered with some foam tape. My ink smudged a little so I die cut a medium butterfly from some pebble scraps, stamped it with the Mod Backgrounds 1 woodgrain block using apple ink, and added it to the sugar panel.

Here is the inspiration photo:

I hope you find time to join us at the A Muse Studio Challenge Blog. You have until Saturday, May 4 at 11:59MST to link up your project.

Until the sun comes out again...

Hugs and Kisses.
TraceyJeanH

Supplies Used
stamps: Mod Backgrounds 1, Contemporary Greetings
inks: apple, buttercup, melon, watermelon, versafine onyx black
cardstock: pebble, sugar
other: butterfly trio dies, Tombow markers

No comments:

Spellbinders Feb 2019 Card Kit Part Two

Today I'm sharing the second half of my 10 cards 1 kit using the Spellbinders card kit - Golden Swan. I had lots of fun with this kit ...